Big Name Beauty Brand Could Be Ruining Your Skin!
How Pink Himalayan Salt can help & what to avoid in Big Name Brands Products!
How can Pink Himalayan Salt help?Pink Himalayan Salt can be used for several things, in recent years it has made an up and coming name for itself in the beauty industry. Listed below are few ways the new trend can help your skin!
- Exfoliation - the removal of the dead skin cells on the outermost layer of your skin. Exfoliating dead skin cells away helps aid in the unclogging of pores and helps promote new cell turnover. Exfoliating is a key part to any skin care regimen, it opens pores to allow topical products to penetrate deeper into your skin.
- Skin Detoxifier - It draws out heavy metals and toxins from the body. How does it detox skin? By driving out grime, dirt, pollution and bacteria from deep within the pores. This enables skin to remain clean and pure, which prevents breakouts
- Balances Skin pH - the salt helps remove acidic toxins from the body, the result is that the body will become more normal, slightly alkaline.
- Treats Acne - Pink Himalayan Salt is a natural antiseptic. It’s good for disinfecting acne prone skin by killing off acne causing bacteria, which will help reduce breakouts.
What to Avoid!Some of the most popular beauty companies such as Procter & Gamble, Unilever, L'Oréal and St. Ives are using harsh chemicals and damaging granules in their products such as microbeads, walnut shells and apricot pits.
- Microbeads - Are tiny bits of plastic found in more than 100 personal care products such as exfoliating body washes and facial scrubs. They are usually spherical shaped and come in a varied of sizes.
- Walnut shells – The shell of a walnut is crushed to make a powder. If not grounded properly, will result in large glass like shards.
- Apricot pits – Similar to walnut shells, the pit of the apricot its grounded up into small sand like granules. However, if not properly grounded can result in large glass like shards.
Why are they bad for you? Microbeads, Walnut Shells and Apricot Pits can create small tears in your skin, leaving it susceptible to bacteria, infection and even causing scaring. The action of scrubbing you skin with any of these ingredients will also cause inflammation.
Healthy Alternatives!Always do your research, it will only benefit you in the long run. Our personal favorite exfoliant to use is Eco by Sonya – Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub. This is a Mechanical Exfoliant that is applied to DRY skin, just use it on the face and body right before you jump in the shower! It’s a super intense exfoliation that gives the skin deep maximum hydration that last. This product specifically targets stretch marks, dry flaky skin, cellulite and uneven pigmentation.
We love the Eco by Sonya brand! All their products have a certification of 70% or higher for organic and natural ingredients. The certification is on every bottle with the listed percentage.
- Certified Organic & Certified Toxic-Free
- Vegan, Gluten Free & Cruelty Free
- No Artificial Dyes or Colors
- Only Organic and Natural Ingredients